Quick information course suitable for everyone who wants to learn more about spotting the signs of this fatal disease!
Call 999 or go to A&E if a baby or young child has any of these symptoms of sepsis:
- blue, pale or blotchy skin, lips or tongue
- a rash that does not fade when you roll a glass over it, the same as meningitis
- difficulty breathing (you may notice grunting noises or their stomach sucking under their ribcage), breathlessness or breathing very fast
- a weak, high-pitched cry that’s not like their normal cry
- not responding like they normally do, or not interested in feeding or normal activities
- being sleepier than normal or difficult to wake
They may not have all these symptoms.